- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (mouri)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (dhone)
- 2 pc cardamom (elach)
- Measure out the whole spices in the given proportion. You may lightly crush them with a pestle or rolling pin before roasting, if you like.
- Heat a pan on medium-low flame and add the whole spices to the pan.
- Dry-roast them evenly on all sides, stirring continuously, for about 8 minutes. Don't rush this step—the spices need to be roasted all the way inside.
- Add the toasted spices to a grinder and blitz them till you have a fine powder. You can also use a mortar and pestle to grind by hand.
- Store the bhaja masala powder in an airtight container.