- 300 g mutton or beef keema (mince meat)
- 15 g vegetable oil
- 60 g onions
- 2 pcs green chillies
- 1 tsp shahi garam masala
- 5 g salt
This is a recipe for simple cooked keema (minced meat). It is extremely easy to make, and is spiced with some green chillies and shahi garam masala. This preparation is not meant to be eaten on its own, but is to be used in other recipes (such as in moghlai porota or keema'r doi bora).
- Finely chop onions and green chillies.
- Heat vegetable oil in a kadai. Add the chopped onions and fry them for 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now, add the keema and break up the lumps with the back of your spatula. Add salt and shahi garam masala.
- Cover and cook until the keema is soft. It should ideally take about 10 minutes if you are using beef keema. Mutton will take about 10 minutes longer.
EquipmentS USED IN THIS RECIPESee all our kitchen tools
Victorinox 3 inch paring knife
Stainless Steel Kadai with Lid
Wooden chopping board